Monday, October 15, 2012

Nutrition Done Rightish?



The sharp dressed and sharp eyed Max alerted me to this new ad (or anti-ad) on Sunday.  Is this public health?  Maybe.  It certainly is provocative.  I like the citations that they include.  And who doesn’t love polar bears?  (Go U Bears!)  



But while the message was decent, the story could have been told even better.  It was long.  It made me want to roll my eyes and drink a bottle of classic Coca-Cola in protest.  I don’t even like soda.  But I felt I was being shamed and wanted to rebel against it.  If the ad truly wanted to change people’s behavior, it could have been more effective by providing examples of healthy alternatives.  But if it only wanted to catch your attention and get people talking, then it’s a job well done.

Did the ad work for you?  Let me know what you think.  

PS. You can read more about the ad at The Consumerist.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That was awesome in a shove-it-down-your-throat crazy way. I think my favorite part is the polar bears in bed. I kept thinking...no, they really aren't going to go there. My second favorite part is the doctor dragging the chainsaw. Truly public health. I agree that it stirs the rebel in me too. My biggest question...is it really public health to dump soda in the ocean??? What do we do with Obese fish?

    ReplyDelete